Saturday, January 8, 2011

CAS challenge and Black & White Challege


I am so pleased to be doing the challenges on SCS.  I also looked at the Clean and Simple blog and did the last challenge there.  I have found that as a result of doing these challenges I have been able to do my cards much more quickly.  It has really made me feel so much more creative, which I guess is the object of the exercise, hmmmm?  I promise to change up my colors in the next days from Pink and the black and white card below is a start. 

The butterfly image is an old Stampa Rosa stamp I purchased in the 90's when I first started stamping and it is still my favorite butterfly.  I stamped the image in Versamark and heat embossed it with black embossing powder so that it would really pop.  I also painted the butterfly wings with Pearl White Pearl EX to make them pop, and it looks sooooo much better in real life.  I then crumpled the cardstock and flattened it out again then passed my black stamp pad over the whole piece and especially around the edges. The whole process took me just a few minutes.


1 comment:

The Mama Monkey said...

Wow, those butterflies are really cool! I adore the colors you used on the first card! That CAS blog is a great one, isn't it?!