Monday, July 21, 2008

Faux DP

My Pen Pal Crystal sent me the most beautiful card! I loved it so much I had to figure out how she did it. Pretty simple technique. Tear a piece of paper or cardstock (I used scrap paper) and lay it wherever you decide you want the edge to be. Sponge color along the edge of the paper. Once you have the edge or edges done, fill in the rest of the blank area by sponging color. I used Mellow Moss and Groovy Guava. My Mellow Moss pad was a little dry so it did not come out as dark as the Guava. I used the SU "Merci" stamp set to stamp the butterfly and flower in Black, then I added dots just wherever I felt it looked empty. I made one prior to this one and didn't wait for the dots to dry, consequently I smeared it when I tried to put it together and had to start over. Live and learn!!!!!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Love this card Becki, very pretty.

laos348 said...

So pretty Becki - you did a great job with the faux tearing.