Thursday, September 11, 2008

I'M BACK!!!



Whew, exciting and fun, saw a lot of different sites. New York was FABULOUS! We are going to have to dedicate a trip exclusively to NEW YORK. We were there only one day (rooms are beyond expensive!) but we certainly saw a lot in that short time.

The trip started out with me hooking up and meeting one of my SCS Pen Pals. Lisa and my sister Annie and I met, went to dinner, had ice cream and generally had a great time. Next day I got to meet my brand new Great-nephew Logan. What a cutie, and such a good and quiet baby! (see picture above).
We were off to New York the next night on the Red Eye from San Francisco, not my favorite part of the trip. Flying is ok but the seats are so cramped and I was sitting scrunched in the middle so it was VERY uncomfortable. We had a Limo pick us up (not as extravagant as you would think, the Limo was less than what the BUS cost to take us from the ship to the Airport in NY)
After New York we boarded the Cruise ship in Brooklyn of to Halifax, Nova Scotia, then Saint John, New Brunswick. Next came Bar Harbor, Maine and Boston, MA. We were suppose to stop in Rhode Island, but the hurricane made it necessary to hurry back to New York so that we wouldn't be caught at sea during the storm. Ah well.

They had scrapbooking classes on board and although I am not a Scrapbooker we took the classes. It was basic, but I got a lot of good ideas from the classes. Hopefully I will put them to good use. I will post some pictures and hopefully get to stamp again this weekend. I am giving a class on the 20th at the LSS and the owner called to let me know my class is full. Yippee!!!!

No comments: